The Truth About Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is defined as “any of a range of psychological disorders characterized by abnormal or disturbed eating habits”. If we were to talk numbers, an estimated ten percent of the world’s population will have an eating disorder during their lifetime.
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected, we are joined by Harriet Frew, an amazing eating disorder therapist.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s 1-on-1 with Harriet:
• Learn more about Harriet’s story, and how she became an eating disorder therapist
• Hear how Harriet defines what eating disorders are
• Find out why eating disorders are often misunderstood
• Learn some of the most common reasons that eating disorders develop
• Find out the most common symptoms of eating disorders, and when to seek help
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Learn more about Harriet on her website: www.theeatingdisordertherapist.co.uk
Connect with her on Instagram: @the_eating_disorder_therapist
Listen to Harriet’s podcast: https://harrietfrew.podbean.com/
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.