Suicide Prevention and Awareness
Suicide is a growing problem in the United States. Suicide rates increased 33% between 1999 and 2019. Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States. It was responsible for more than 47,500 deaths in 2019, which is about one death every 11 minutes- according to the CDC.
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected: we welcome Victoria Secrist, MA | LAMFT to dive into this difficult topic.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s one-on-one with Victoria:
• Hear about Victoria’s background, and how it ties into her work
• Learn some of the misconceptions about suicide
• Find out about the connection between impulsivity and suicide
• Hear what the big risk factors for suicide are
• Learn if there is a direct link between self harm and suicide
• Find out when, as parents, you should be concerned for your child
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Follow Deana on Instagram: @DeanaBledsoe
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.