For some of our furry companions, getting groomed can be unnerving. Luckily, there are ways to properly prepare for the experience and soothe their anxiety. Exceptional Pets, with five locations in Arizona, provides six practical tips to prep your pet in order to get the most out of their pampering session.
1. Find a pet groomer by asking for recommendations from friends and family.
2. Check out the facility and groomers. Choose a stylist you and your pet are most comfortable with.
3. Make sure your dog or cat is up-to-date on rabies vaccinations.
4. Brush your pet frequently at home so they become more accustomed to grooming.
5. Use an electric toothbrush to get them used to the vibration of the clippers.
6. Go to the facility on a day when your pet isn’t getting groomed so you both can get to know the stylist.
Take these steps to help make your pet’s grooming as comfortable as possible…because after all, our fur babies are part of the family and deserve nothing but the best in return for the unconditional love they give us each and every day.