Somatic wilderness therapy is a unique therapeutic approach, that is a marriage of two different kinds of therapy: somatic therapy and wilderness therapy!
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected Dr. Fedrick is joined by Katie Asmus. Katie is an MA, an LPC, a Psychotherapist, and she is the founder of the Somatic Wilderness Therapy Institute. She is here to give us the scoop!
Key Takeaways from Liz’s chat with Katie:
- Hear about Katie’s background in the mental health field
- Learn how Katie came to marry somatic therapy and wilderness therapy, and how she defines it
- Find out the benefits that Katie sees in her clients from this specific approach
- Discover some simple ways we can all begin to practice mindfulness in nature
- Hear different ways to connect with nature, even if you’re working indoors
- Learn how to find a practitioner if you are interested in this kind of therapy
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Find more information about the Somatic Wilderness Therapy Institute at: www.wildernesstherapyinstitute.com
Follow the institute on IG: http://www.instagram.com/somaticwildernesstherapy
Connect with the institute on FB: www.facebook.com/somaticwildernesstherapyinstitute
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.