Key points from Alexis’s chat with Dr. Jay Schukman
Chief Medical Officer, Optima Health
Dr. Jay Schukman is the chief medical officer with Optima Health. Optima Health offers a variety of health plans, including Medicare. They also work to improve senior health and help those with chronic conditions manage their care through their all-in-one Medicare Advantage coverage and extra benefits. Dr. Schukman is here today to talk with us about senior health preventive care and how to address gaps in care.
- Senior health begins with preventive care. What is considered preventive care, and why is it especially important for seniors?
- Wellness visits are an important part of preventive care. What should seniors expect when it is time for their next wellness visit?
- What does preventive care look like for someone who has a chronic condition, like diabetes or heart disease?
- During the pandemic, there was a trend where seniors were not going to their
doctor visits. How would you recommend someone get caught-up?
- What are some examples of common care gaps for seniors?
- How does Optima Health help Medicare members address their care gaps?
- As important as preventive care and addressing care gaps is, there are other factors impacting senior health. How is Optima Health approaching the non-medical side of a
For more information go to: optimamedicare.com
Monday – Friday | 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Follow us on Facebook: @WeAreLivingHealthyTV
DISCLAIMER: THE CONSULTATIONS OR INTERACTIONS OFFERED ARE NOT MEANT TO REPLACE A CONSULTATION WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN. THE CONSULTATION IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT STRUCTURED IN A WAY TO PROVIDE HEALTH COUNSELING / DIAGNOSING OF ANY KIND. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE LIVING HEALTHY IS NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION AS YOUR TREATING HEALTH COUNSELOR, PHYSICIAN, ATTORNEY, LEGAL COUNSEL, EMPLOYER, MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. We offer no guarantees or promise of results from event nor assume liability for any information provided.