Dealing with Guilt and Shame Around Parenting
with Heidi McBain, LPC
Most parents can relate to feelings of guilt or shame surrounding their abilities as a caregiver. And while this isn’t unique to women, it can often affect mothers in uniquely challenging ways. Navigating through mom-guilt can be tricky and knowing the source of these feelings can make all the difference.
Joining this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected is Heidi McBain, a Perinatal Mental Health Therapist. She is here to offer some clarity and hope to those dealing with mom—or dad—guilt.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s chat with Heidi:
• Hear about the work Heidi does with moms
• Find out what “Mom Guilt” looks like
• Learn how “Mom Guilt” and “Mom Shame” differ
• Hear how dealing with guilt and shame around parenting applies to other areas of life
• Find out how the parenthood modeled for you affects your parenting style
• Hear how awareness can be the key to working through “Mom Guilt”
• Learn how working through the guilt can positively impact both parent and child
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Connect with Heidi on her website: heidimcbain.com
Connect with Heidi on her Instagram: @mentalwellnessformoms
Connect with Heidi on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mentalwellnessformoms
For more information on Dr. Elizabeth Fedrick, visit her website: evolvecounselingaz.com
Connect with Dr, Fedrick on Instagram: @drelizabethfedrick
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.