Dealing with Guilt and Shame Around Parenting
with Heidi McBain, LPC
Most parents can relate to feelings of guilt or shame surrounding their abilities as a caregiver. And while this isn’t unique to women, it can often affect mothers in uniquely challenging ways. Navigating through mom-guilt can be tricky and knowing the source of these feelings can make all the difference.
Joining this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected is Heidi McBain, a Perinatal Mental Health Therapist. She is here to offer some clarity and hope to those dealing with mom—or dad—guilt.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s chat with Heidi:
• Hear about the work Heidi does with moms
• Find out what “Mom Guilt” looks like
• Learn how “Mom Guilt” and “Mom Shame” differ
• Hear how dealing with guilt and shame around parenting applies to other areas of life
• Find out how the parenthood modeled for you affects your parenting style
• Hear how awareness can be the key to working through “Mom Guilt”
• Learn how working through the guilt can positively impact both parent and child
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.