Teens Misuse of Over-the-Counter Medications
It is fairly common for parents to be concerned about their teenagers abusing alcohol and illegal drugs, but something that is less thought of- is the abuse of over-the-counter medications.
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected, we are joined by professionals from Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare- to dive into the topic.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s chat with CIBH:
• Learn more about Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, and the services they offer
• Hear what some of the most commonly abused over-the-counter medications are
• Find out what the risk factors are when medications are being abused
• Learn some steps that parents can take to keep their homes safe from this kind of abuse
• Hear warning signs that parents can keep an eye out for in their teens All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Find more information on CIBH on their website: cibhprevention.com
Connect with CIBH by giving them a call: (757) 547-9334
For more information on Dr. Elizabeth Fedrick, visit her website: evolvecounselingaz.com
Connect with Dr. Fedrick on Instagram: @drelizabethfedrick
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.