The Down and Dirty on Gambling Addiction
Addiction is defined as a treatable, chronic medical disease involving complex interactions among brain circuits, genetics, the environment, and an individual’s life experiences. When people hear the word addiction, it is common to think of substances.
Our guest for this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected is Patrick Chester. He spent 15 years addicted to gambling. Today, he is here to tell his story.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s 1-on-1 with Patrick:
• Learn when Patrick started to realize that he had a problem
• Find out what the low point for him was, and the point where he decided he needed help
• Hear how his mental health was impacted by his gambling addiction
• Learn what the most effective treatments were for him, in his recovery process
• Hear advice from Patrick, to anyone dealing with addiction
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Connect with Patrick on Twitter @PatrickChester9
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.