By Rachelle McCray
Each year millions of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, and after just a month of making them, many have already given up. Resolutions can range from personal to professional, and easy to elaborate. But, how do you decide what resolutions to make that you can actually keep? We’ve put together a list of three resolutions anyone can make- and keep them all year long!
Go To Bed 15 Minutes Earlier
Having trouble with insomnia or hoping to just get up earlier overall? Try starting with a simple solution of going to bed 15 minutes earlier each night. This is both an easy resolution to test out and one that you can build on throughout the year. Here are just a few benefits of creating a consistent sleeping pattern, as well as waking early.
- Better sleep quality is a result of your body getting in routine of a sleep pattern which can help with a better quality of life.
- Early sleep times have shown to assist with insomnia.
- Feeling rested in the morning can help you be more productive throughout the day.
Keep Your House Cleaner
They say home is where the heart is, but it’s not so fun when home is where the mess is. Research has shown that by tidying up as you go throughout your week, you are less likely to need bigger bulks time at once, when it comes time to cleaning. And, no one likes spending their weekends cleaning instead of using their free time to do something they love.
Trying out this little trick can not only help your mental sanity when unannounced guests arrive to your home, but it can also grant you more free time. Here are a few ways to stay on top of the daily chores, to keep your home and mind clutter free:
- Clean As You Go: In other words, try not to leave trash behind or a mess when getting ready for work in the morning. Putting items away as you go can seem time consuming when you are late for a meeting, but it can mean all of the difference on a Saturday when you’d rather be at happy hour.
- Assign Days for Specific Areas: For example, cleaning the bathroom sinks and mirrors every Monday after work, will ensure a clean slate for the week, and reduce time needed to deep clean every room of the house all at once. Choose various days to vacuum, dust, and do the items that seems to add up throughout the week.
- Take Care of Dishes Daily: It may seem obvious, but studies find many people leave dishes for days before cleaning them up. This can result in a cluttered kitchen and can interrupt your productivity in the morning. Try keeping on top of dishes as you use them to ensure a neat and pretty kitchen each day.
Drink More Water
We do live in a desert, afterall, but have you ever noticed it seems easy to ditch the water and go straight for anything else? Make a resolution to limit your intake of sugary beverages which can lead to health problems, sleep issues, concentration issues and more, and try swapping it for something your body craves- H20! If you’re not a fan of plain water, try tricking your tastebuds by adding non-calorie flavored powders, or fresh fruit, to add that hint of taste you are looking for. Here are a few of the benefits to drinking a little more water this year:
- Drinking plenty of water can help keep sugar and sweet cravings at bay, which means less snacking on those items your gym trainer has asked you to forego.
- Your digestion track, skin, and organs will thank you for your new found love of water since our bodies’ daily functions depend on it.
- Water helps boost your immune system as well as clear out not so fun toxins.
With 3 easy resolutions, there’s no time like the present to try them out for yourself. And no matter what you resolve for the upcoming year, cheers to great success!
For more ways to live your best life now, be sure to check out Arizona Living: Your Life, Your Style.
Watch the full episode of Arizona Living: Your Life, Your Style here: