Many people have heard of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but are completely unaware of the subcategories of OCD that exist.
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected we visit one of these categories, Pure Obsessional OCD. Our guest is Reed Rickards, a writer and copywriter who suffers from “Pure O OCD.”
Key Takeaways from Liz’s chat with Reed:
• Hear about Reed’s background
• Learn how he defines Pure Obsessional OCD, and how he was diagnosed
• Find out what Reed’s obsessions can look like and sound like
• Discover tools that Reed’s therapist gave him to help deal with the intrusive thoughts
• Hear why Cognitive Behavioral Therapy helps with this form of OCD
• Learn some of the ways that Reed manages his Pure Obsessional OCD
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.