Therapy dogs bring many physical benefits to humans. They can help to lower blood pressure and heart rate, reduce anxiety, and increase levels of endorphins and oxytocin- just to name a few! But therapy dogs don’t just have physical health benefits, they offer numerous mental health benefits as well.
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected, Dr. Fedrick is joined by Maddie Block, LMSW. Maddie works in animal assisted social work, and she is here to tell us more.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s 1-on-1 with Maddie:
• Hear about Maddie’s background in the mental health field
• Learn what the process looks like for an animal assisted therapy session
• Find out about the process to become a therapy dog
• Hear some of the benefits that therapy dogs can provide for clients
• Learn the benefits that Jovi the therapy dog has brought about in Maddie’s life
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.