We live in a very noisy, fast-paced culture. Sensory overload is a common occurrence in our society.
Silent retreats are defined as an event or retreat during which, you remain silent. The retreat gives you an opportunity to reflect inwardly and process your thoughts in a calm, constructive way. Dr. Poornima Sharma joins us on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected to help break it down.
Key Takeaways from Dr. Fedrick’s chat with Poornima:
• Learn about Dr. Sharma’s background and how it applies to mental health
• Hear what silent retreats are
• Find out how the retreats are designed, and how they go
• Discover whether or not silent retreats are completely silent
• Learn the difference between structured and not structured retreats
• Hear the benefits of a silent retreat
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Learn more about Dr. Sharma and silent retreats: artoflivingretreatcenter.org
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.