Gambling addictions impact about one percent of the population. There are key risk factors that can lead to gambling addiction, including a family history of gambling disorder.
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected- Dr. Liz is joined by our friends at Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare to take a deeper dive into the world of problem gambling.
Key Takeaways from Dr. Fedrick’s chat with Kristen and CIBH:
• Learn more about what qualifies as a gambling disorder
• Hear about why gambling disorders are a public health issue, and not just a personal issue
• Find out when it is time to get help with a gambling problem
• Discover how to identify and support a loved one with a gambling problem
• Learn some resources that can help if you or a loved one needs help with problem gambling
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Connect with our friends at CIBH on their website: https://www.cibhprevention.com/
If you or a loved one need help with a gambling problem: 1-800-522-4700 (national hotline)
1-888-532-3500 (Virginia hotline)
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.