PTSD in Veterans and First Responders
Post traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD for short, is a disorder that develops in some people who have experienced a shocking, scary, or dangerous event. Veterans and first responders are two populations who experience especially high levels of PTSD.
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected- Dr. Fedrick is joined by trauma expert Joelle Rabow Maletis. Together they explore the world of PTSD in relation to veterans and first responders.
Key Takeaways from Dr. Fedrick’s one-on-one with Joelle:
• Hear about Joelle’s background in the mental health field
• Learn why and how these populations experience PTSD at so much of a higher rate
• Find out what “vicarious trauma” is
• Discover why vicarious trauma can also impact someone’s life just like trauma can
• Hear which modalities work best for someone who has experienced trauma
• Learn about the methods Joelle uses the most frequently with her patients
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Find more information on Joelle: https://joellerabowmaletis.com
Follow Joelle on social media:
-LinkedIn: Joelle Rabow Maletis
And check out Joelle’s Ted-Ed on the Psychology of PTSD
Watch the interview on Facebook:
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.