Processing Trauma with Somatic Therapy
We all know about the three main trauma responses, flight, fight, or freeze, but many of us haven’t considered how those responses remain in our bodies long after the stressor has gone away. Today’s episode offers a new option for working through past traumas.
Today’s guest is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist who specializes in treating trauma with Somatic therapy, trauma-informed yoga, and mindfulness. Dezryelle Arcieri joins Dr. Fedrick to talk about her work and how allows patients to manage trauma-related stress and anxiety.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s chat with Dez:
• Hear about Dezryelle’s background
• Learn what Somatic Therapy is and how it can be effective in treating trauma
• Find out how it differs from talk therapy and how they can be used in conjunction
• Hear about some of the unique benefits of Somatic Therapy
• Find out what Dez refers to as trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness is all about
• Learn a calming activity you can start practicing right now
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Connect with Dez on her website: www.satyawellnesscollective.com
Connect with Dez on her Instagram: @dezinsights
Get more information on their wellness retreats: www.breeanddezretreats.com
Follow the practice’s Instagram: @satyawellnesscollective
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.