Getting Your Life Back After Trauma
Trauma has a profound effect on one’s physical, mental and emotional well-being. Trauma is defined as a deeply distressing or disturbing experience. Life after trauma is a complex yet necessary issue to tackle.
Joining this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected is April Lightsey, PhD and Licensed Professional Counselor. She is here to give hope and shed some light on getting help after trauma!
Key Takeaways from Liz’s chat with April:
• Hear about Dr. Lightsey’s background
• Find out what a trauma experience can look like
• Learn how trauma can effect witnesses and bystanders as well as the victim
• Hear how trauma can impact someone’s daily functioning
• Find out the link between anxiety disorders, depression and unprocessed trauma
• Hear how treatment for trauma goes in a professional setting
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.