Kathy Cano-Murillo aka “Crafty Chica” welcomes us into her craft room where her career has flourished by doing what she loves – putting things together! Jane Monzures joins her on this Craft Room Crash to learn how to create…believe it or not…a pocket book made of poster board. Get ready for this delightful DIY that anyone can accomplish.
What You’ll Need
– Large white sheet of poster board
– Scotch tape
– Glue stick
– Multi-purpose glue
– Scrap book paper
– Washi tape
How to do it
1. Begin by completing a series of back and forth folds with the poster board.
2. Fold the poster board hamburger style and then fold the bottom upward.
3. Now fold up the pocket like this.
4. Snip at the peak of the paper fold in the center.
5. Fold the two pages around to create a book.
6. Run your fingers along the edges to make sharp creases and put Scotch tape on the ends to secure them together.
7. Using your glue stick, line the pocket book with scratch book paper and add embellishments like pictures, washi tape, string and bling to give it some pop!
8. Fill your fun, folded pocket book with whatever you’d like and enjoy!