A very common issue in the fashion industry and modeling world is distorted views of body image. This can make it difficult for models with curvier figures to find a place for themselves in their industry, even as it has become more “inclusive.”
Joining Dr. Fedrick on today’s episode of Calm, Cool and Connected is Rachael Brook. She is a curve model, activist, actress and influencer with a passion for speaking out about exclusion within her industry.
Key Takeaways from Dr. Liz’s chat with Rachael:
• Hear about her background
• Learn about her challenges as a “middle size” model
• Discover how “inclusivity” within the entertainment industry might not be so inclusive
• Find out how industries can be more authentically inclusive
• Hear more about Rachael’s perspective on body positivity
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.