Many say that raising a child is the hardest job in the world. Add in a global pandemic, and that already incredibly hard job gets even harder.
School counselors are on the “front lines” for kids, so to speak. They see them in their natural habitat: with their friends, attending classes, eating lunch, and enjoying recess.
Tiera Sharpe, Education Specialist, is here with us for this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected to discuss mental health issues in kids.
- Learn what the most prevalent issues are that counselors see in children
- Find out the warning signs that parents can be on the lookout for
- Hear why it is so important that parents understand that mental health issues are very normal, and also very real
- Learn about the rights of students who have a mental health or behavioral health diagnosis
- Learn about how the pandemic has affected kids
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Learn more about this topic: www.psychologytoday.com
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.