One of the most misunderstood concepts in the mental health field is behavioral challenges. They can be present in both adults and children.
Joining Dr. Fedrick on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected is Noelle Drake. Noelle is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and has worked with individuals with disabilities and their families since 2003. She is going to help explain how de-escalation is a great strategy to use when dealing with behavioral challenges.
Key Takeaways from Dr. Fedrick’s chat with Noelle:
• Learn about Noelle and her background in the field
• Hear some of the techniques Noelle uses to de-escalate situations
• Find out how “time outs” can be helpful when attempting to regulate someone’s emotions
• Discover some of the most common indicators that someone may be becoming escalated
• Learn the best ways to act and react if someone close to you is upset
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.