Health insurance hasn’t historically been the best route to mental healthcare.
Joining Dr. Fedrick for this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected is Kaitlyn Fernandez. She came to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas from the mental health field and is a member advocate there. She is working to help ensure that BCBSKS is a great mental health partner for Kansans.
Key Takeaways from Dr. Fedrick’s chat with Kaitlyn:
- Hear about Kaitlyn’s role as a member advocate at BCBSKS
- Learn about her journey from Social Work to her present role as a member advocate
- Find out how BCBSKS is advocating for mental health, and making mental health services
- more attainable for the people of Kansas
- Discover what human-centered design is, and what it means to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
- Hear some of the types of support that Kaitlyn provides for people as a Member Advocate
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Find more information about the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas: http://www.BCBSKS.com For more on BCBSKS Mental Health initiative: http://www.bcbsks.com/mental-health- awareness & https://bcbsks.miresource.com/
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.