In this Craft Room Crash, Jane Monzures visits DIYer, Kelley Smith, in Surprise, Arizona to make unique jewelry out of Barbie dolls. Let’s take a look at this fun, easy and quite fascinating craft.
What You’ll Need
- Barbie doll
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue
- Necklace chain
- Broken old jewelry
- Pendent tray
How to do it
1. Pick a Barbie and pull off its head. (You may need to use some force.)
2. Cut around the head of the Barbie (removing the face) with scissors.
3. Put hot glue on the back of the Barbie’s face, then place on a pendent tray and fill in the crevice with hot glue.
4. Add rhinestones around the face in the crevice. (You can use a piece of broken old jewelry if you’d like.)
5. Add larger jewels to the head. After it dries, loop the pendent tray through a chain. And you’re done. Simple as that. Now your old Barbie has been given new life! (You can even make a ring or pendent using Barbie faces next if you so desire.) DIY Barbie jewelry!