This recipe for Maple Cholula Chicken Wings is the whole package: You’ve got your dry rub and your sauce in one convenient place.
Thanks to Chef Nick Rabar of Avenue N American Kitchen for cooking up this classic staple with a fresh twist. Cue up the video to cook along with Chef Nick, or get the recipe below. Click any of the linked sections to skip straight to it.
Dry Rub Recipe
Dry Rub Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
- 1/4 tsp Coriander
Maple Cholula Wing Sauce Recipe
Maple Cholula Wing Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup Cholula Sauce
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Dry Rub Seasoning Mix to taste
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry rub ingredients and set aside.
- In a bowl big enough to eventually hold your cooked wings, combine sauce ingredients. Whisk together, and set aside.
- Add dry rub to wings (just enough to coat them all). Let them sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Grill wings for 30 minutes, turning regularly to avoid burning. They’re done when the juices run clear.
- Remove from the grill and add to the sauce bowl. Toss lightly to coat.
- Enjoy your wings.
Tips From Chef Nick
Grilling with Charcoal: You’ve got to be careful with charcoal, you might have some uneven spots so don’t be afraid to move the wings around from hot spot to cold spot.
Cook Time: size does matter when it comes to timing (Your eventual cook time will depend on the size of your wings).
Charring vs. Burning: Dark is one thing, char is another, burnt is a final step.
Hungry for more? Check out our full offering of recipes here.