Autism and Mental Health
with Thomas Henley
Autism is defined as “a developmental disorder of variable severity that is characterized by difficulty in social interaction and communication and by restricted or repetitive patterns of thought and behavior.”
Research says that right now 1 in every 54 children is diagnosed with Autism, and that number is continually on the rise. On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected- Dr. Fedrick is joined by Thomas Henley, an Autism and Mental Health Advocate.
Key Takeaways from Liz’s chat with Thomas:
• Hear about Thomas’ background
• Find out how bullying and discrimination had a profound effect on Thomas’ mental health
• Learn how Thomas worked through his mental health challenges
• Hear what Thomas says family and friends can do to help an Autistic child
• Find out how Thomas is working to spread awareness about Autism
• Gain takeaways that Thomas would like everyone to know about Autism
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Follow along with Thomas on his YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/c/aspergersgrowth Listen to Thomas’ Podcast, the “Thoughty Auti Podcast”
Get more info on Thomas website – https://thomashenley.co.uk/
Follow Thomas on IG – http://instagram.com/AspergersGrowth
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.