*This recipe is not appropriate for Coronavirus disinfection*
Did you ever notice how a good cleaning can make your house seem brand new? Getting rid of all the gunk and freshening up the place makes it feel like there’s more room to breathe. But with all the stories in the news about the potentially harmful ingredients in our cleaning products, it’s hard to know exactly what we’re breathing in.
If you’re one of the many people who want to be able to pronounce all the ingredients in their cleaning products, we have the recipe for you! This 6-ingredient, non-toxic household cleaner delivers all of the clean with none of the unpronounceable chemicals.
Here’s the breakdown:
- The first thing you need is your spray bottle. In this example, Tracy is using an 8 oz bottle, but you can use any size you have available. Just adjust the recipe up or down as needed.
2. Next,we’ll gather the ingredients. You’ll need:
- Distilled Water
- White Vinegar
- Peppermint, Lemon, and Tea Tree Essential Oils
3. Fill your bottle 1/4 of the way with the White Vinegar. For an 8 oz bottle, that would be 2 oz.
4. Fill 1/8 of the bottle with the Vodka. 1 oz. for an 8 oz. bottle.
5. Add the Essential Oils. For the 8 oz. bottle Tracy uses:
- 5 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 5 Drops of Peppermint Oil
- 1 entire dropper of Lemon Oil
6. Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water. If you don’t have distilled, any water that has been boiled will work in a pinch.
7. Shake it up! It’s a good idea to shake it before every use.
7. Unleash the cleaning power of this DIY chemical free surface spray in every room of your house!
Thanks a million to Tracy Perkins of Strawberry Hedgehog for this amazing tutorial! She makes gorgeous natural soaps and other body care products as well . . .
For other do-it-yourself fun, check out our DIY page.
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube for more DIY videos.
Follow us on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.