By Rachelle McCray
Summer temps are here, which means it’s time to change up our beauty routines. We’ve rounded up our favorite beauty hacks to keep you refreshed and looking your best all summer long.
Go For Minimal Everything
Whether you are headed to a beach vacay or girls night out, try keeping your style and makeup minimal to help maximize your time doing the things you love. Here are a few ways to keep your beauty routine and style down while ensuring sure you are glammed to the max:
- Keep your makeup sheer and opt for a tinted moisturizer with SPF. It will protect your skin, without clogging your pores, and give your skin a beautiful, healthy glow.
- Use bronzers and highlighters to add that extra oomph in all of the right places. Plus, to take your look from day to night. These two items are must haves this summer and you shouldn’t leave home without them.
- Simple style means Maxi Dresses and Rompers are your new best friend. Want to look beach ready and then have drinks with the girls? Pair your maxi during the day with sandals and add wedges or heels for a night on the town. Change accessories like necklaces and earrings and layer bracelets for an all over complete look. Simple, fabulous and chic. Perfect for summer.
Love Your Hair
Jumping in and out the ocean, swimming pool, and catching sun rays can reek havoc on your hair. So take a little time to try and give it the perfect amount of love, without overdoing it, with these few hacks.
- Deep Condition your hair with speciality masques or formulated deep conditioners. This will help lock in much need moisture and repair damage from the heat.
- Save your hair from becoming overly greasy by not washing it too often. Instead, opt for dry shampoo to help absorb oil and keep you fresh longer between washes.
- If you live in a dry climate, try spritzing coconut oil on the ends when you step out of the shower. This will help keep it healthy and shiny all summer long. But, be sure not to overuse, as coconut oil can weigh down your hair if you use too much, so only use this trick about once a week.
Be Obsessed with Your Skin
UVB/UVA rays are harmful all year round, but we tend to be outside much more in the summer months. Our fun in the sun can lead to dry skin, damaged and dull looking skin, and even increase signs of aging. Here are a few things you can do to be on your best skin care game.
- Up your skin care routine with things like antioxidant serums and moisturizing masks. Both with help repair your skin and reduce the appearance of sun spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Cover your skin with hats, sunglasses and all over SPF. We talked about the importance of your makeup having SPF, but your body needs the protection just as much. Sun damage can be avoided by properly using the right type of SPF lotion and by applying it often. Plus, who doesn’t love wearing big brimmed hats with the perfect summer dress? Double score.
- What you put on your face is just as important as what you put in your body. Choose rich foods that help the skin like strawberries, blueberries, avocados and kale. Bonus points for fish fueled diets and cutting out sugar.
- Skip the sun exposure, and opt for a sunless tanner instead. Whether you head to a professional for that glowing skin or find a reputable on shelf brand- nothing compares to saving your skin from too much sun exposure.
Summer Beauty Routines can be easy and fun. Try our tips and show off your best summer look yet. And, for more ways to live your best life now, join host and lifestyle expert, Rachelle McCray, on Arizona Living: Your Life, Your Style airing now on Cox channels and Yurview.com.