Social Media and Mental Health
There are currently over 4.5 billion people in the world using at least one social network.
Influencers, celebrities and regular people all take to Facebook, Instagram, and other social networks to share their lives. But what effect does social media use have on mental health?
For this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected, we are joined by Christopher J. Ferguson, a professor of psychology at Stetson University. He helps us examine the effects of social media on our mental state!
Key Takeaways from Liz’s talk with Chris:
• Hear how social media has positive effects on mental health
• Learn why pre-existing mental health conditions are exacerbated by social media
• Find out some ways parents can mitigate risks when it comes to kids and social media use
• Learn: what exactly is “doom scrolling”?
• Hear why the block and mute buttons are both helpful for mental health reasons
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.