On episode two of Left Coast Sports, Jon Schaeffer is joined by Ben Bolch, LA Times beat reporter for the UCLA Bruins. They will discuss UCLA basketball’s return to prominence under second-year head coach Mick Cronin.
This year, UCLA was picked as the preseason favorite in the Pac-12 and has gotten off to a fast start in conference play. Learn how the Bruins reinvented themselves on offense and the loss of Senior Chris Smith to a knee injury. Would a successful season in Westwood be a Sweet 16 or are expectations even higher?
If you missed it, check out our interview with UCLA Coach Mick Cronin on ‘The Upside with Adam Finkelstein’ podcast: UCLA Coach Mick Cronin’s Journey to Success.
Listen to Ben Bolch/UCLA Bruins basketball podcast:
More about Left Coast Sports & Upcoming Episodes
The Left Coast Sports with Jon Schaeffer weekly podcast focuses on sporting events, teams, and athletes throughout San Diego County and the Southern California area.
Whether it’s high school, college, amateur or professional sports, we’ve got all of your West Coast sports topics covered.
Upcoming topics include (subject to change):
- USC basketball breakdown – The Trojans are a Top 25-caliber team with one of the premier freshmen in the country in Evan Mobley.
- UC Irvine basketball breakdown – The Anteaters are the preseason favorite in the Big West Conference.
- West Coast Conference breakdown (featuring “local” schools Pepperdine, LMU and even St. Mary’s in NoCal).
- USD/UCSD season updates
- San Diego State regular-season recap.
- NCAA Championship Week/Selection Sunday preview
- Break down the NCAA Tournament field after Selection Sunday
- NCAA Tournament update
- Final Four preview
- National Championship Recap
- Olympics – A weekly countdown leading up to the 2021 Olympic Games in Tokyo featuring interviews with U.S. athletes preparing for the Summer Games.
- Prep/high school sports – The 2021 High School football season featuring interviews with high-profile student-athletes and head coaches.