Las Vegas has recently had its share of heat advisories, with record-setting temperatures this summer and August is likely to continue this heat wave; however, average temps are typically in the low 100s during the day, with a little bit more relief from the heat at night. If you’re planning to check out some of the scenic sites near the Vegas Valley, it’s best to go early and don’t forget water and sunscreen!
And if you’re not a morning person, but want to add in some outdoor adventure into your Vegas trip, take a quick 40-minute drive to Mount Charleston, where the average August temperature is in the upper 70’s.
While many recognize that Las Vegas is the Entertainment Capital of the World, did you know that Las Vegas is also the Wedding Capital of the World?! With an average of 200 couples per day tying the knot, approximately 80,000 weddings happen annually here on the Ninth Island!
According to the Marriage License Bureau, over 5 million couples have made Vegas the place to exchange nuptials since 1909 when Clark County first became a county. Of course, many of these couples are famous, as Las Vegas is a popular wedding destination for celebrities.
So, what draws people to say, “I do” in Sin City? The Wedding experts at Vegas Weddings credit the popularity to the vast array of options for ceremonies, as well as the affordability of wedding packages. From quick, intimate ceremonies, popular at chapels such as Little White Wedding Chapel to more traditional, elegant weddings and receptions like Vegas Weddings is known for, there’s something for everyone’s taste and budget.
For those looking for destination weddings, this is a possibility as well. From Valley of Fire to Nelson Ghost Town, Vegas offers some beautiful backdrops for the big day. Of course, we can’t talk Vegas weddings without mentioning Elvis.
Several venues offer wedding ceremonies officiated by Elvis Impersonators, Pink Cadillac and all.
Beyond Elvis, any character-themed wedding is a possibility, including Star Wars, as well as wedding officiants like Alice Cooper, Freddy Krueger, and Chucky.
When it comes to weddings, there is something for everyone’s dream wedding here in Vegas! Check out the link for our Ninth Island Connection YouTube Channel for more information on Vegas Weddings.
If you’re looking to take the leap, but not the wedding kind, check out Vegas Indoor Skydiving, which has been located just off the Strip for 40 years.
From beginners to expert skydivers, their trained instructors are there to help everyone have an exhilarating experience! Check out VegasIndoorSkydiving.com for more information.
A fun new attraction that has joined the Strip is The Paradox Museum, located in Showcase Mall.
With over 90 exhibits located throughout this self-guided experience ranging from the perfect photo/video opp for social media to those that are just there to view and try to wrap your mind around.
This 60-90 minute experience is fun for all ages. For more information visit paradoxmuseumlasvegas.com.
In addition to all of the exciting attractions in Vegas, here’s what’s happening this month with entertainment and events:
- Katy Perry at Resorts World Las Vegas (8/2, 8/4-5 8/11-12)
- Keith Sweat at The Palms (8/4-5)
- Lil Baby at T-Mobile Arena (8/4)
- Steven Adler at Golden Nugget Las Vegas (8/4)
- Little River Band at The Westgate (8/5)
- Kelly Clarkson at Bakkt Theater at Planet Hollywood (8/2, 8/4-5, 8/9, 8/11-12, 8/18-19)
- Maxwell at The Wynn (8/9, 8/11)
- Maroon 5 Dolby Theater at Park MGM (8/2, 8/4-5, 8/9, 8/11-12)
- Karol G at Allegiant Stadium (8/11)
- Beck & Phoenix at Mandalay Bay Beach (8/12)
- Big Time Rush at MGM Grand Arena (8/12)
- Greta Van Fleet at T-Mobile (8/12)
- Blackpink at Allegiant Stadium (8/18)
- Peter Frampton at The Palms (8/18)
- Gladys Knight at the Smith Center (8/18)
- Zach Bryan at T-Mobile Arena (8/19)
- Steel Panther at House of Blues in Mandalay Bay (8/19)
- Belinda Carlisle at House of Blues in Mandalay Bay (8/22)
- Duran Duran at T-Mobile Arena (8/26)
- Godsmack & Staind at Planet Hollywood (8/26)
- Beyonce at Allegiant Stadium (8/26-7)
- Luke Bryan at Resorts World Las Vegas (8/30)
- B-52’s at The Venetian (8/30)
- Sebastian Maniscalco at The Wynn (8/4)
- Jim Gaffigan at The Wynn (8/25-6)
- Monster Jam Thomas & Mack (8/5-6)
- Raiders vs 49ers at Allegiant Stadium (8/13)
As always, change is the constant in Las Vegas, so be sure to stay up to date on any event, show or concert that you plan on attending and check their websites for policies on what you can bring into the different venues. Of course, new events are announced here daily, so be sure to tune into our weekly lives for the most current Vegas updates. We go live Wednesdays between noon and 1 pm PST.
Whether you’re a Las Vegas Local, or just visiting the Ninth Island, be sure to get out and explore this beautiful state! For more information on each of these destinations, check out this video, or tune into Ninth Island Connection on YouTube or YurView (Channel 14) Wednesdays @ 9 PM