Diversity in the Mental Health Field
According to Psychology.org- racial, ethnic, gender and sexual minorities often suffer from poor mental health outcomes. There are many barriers to care based on demographics in the mental health field, but why?
On this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected Dr. Fedrick is joined by Nina Sanyal. Nina is going to talk us through diversity in the mental health field.
Key Takeaways from Dr. Fedrick’s chat with Nina:
• Learn Nina’s background in the mental health field
• Hear about the barriers to diversity that exist in the mental health field
• Find out why Nina feels there is an overall lack of diversity in the field
• Discover whether the mental health field lacks diversity in terms of clients, providers, or both
• Learn what Nina feels is the biggest barrier to people of color entering the mental health field
All of this and more, on this episode of Calm, Cool and Connected.
Connect with Nina on Instagram:http://www.instagram.com/talktherapywithnina
Have a question you’d like answered on the show?
Leave us a voicemail here:
For more great Calm, Cool and Connected content, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and all the popular podcasting platforms. (RSS) https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
Already subscribed? Please take a moment to rate and review the podcast so that we can reach as many people that need the help as we can: https://3cstvshow.buzzsprout.com
And keep up to date with all things mental health at the Calm, Cool and Connected Article Aggregator, updated daily.